Friday, May 23, 2014

Weekly Wrap Up




Monday 5/19/14

The goal this week is to workout Monday through Friday. Keeping myself accountable and noting how my workouts went keeps me motivated.

I swam for 40 minutes today and felt great. I've progressed a lot and found I no longer need the pull bouy.

I also love how swimming (for some odd reason) makes me feel like I'm on vacation. Lol ;-)

Tuesday 5/20/14

We had some communication issues this morning for our weekly circuit and started  much later than expected. Kiscelle and I skipped the workout, allowed the kids to play, caught up, and hung out with Adria and the kids. 






Later that night we opted to walk to Gigi's school for her open night (my easy workout for the day).





Wednesday 5/21/14


I've tried a small handful of yoga classes and all of them I've walked out on within the first 10 minutes. Impatient a little? Yes, LOL. This was the first class I've taken and I stayed for nearly the whole class.

The instructor was easy to follow and I liked the rhythm and flow of the class. It was a challenging workout. Then she asked us to do hand stands. Whaaat?!? I thought it was a beginner class? For the record, I was not able to do a hand stand. I don't think I have the upper body strength and coordination for that kind of movement. Nevertheless I really liked the class and will definitely go back!

Thursday 5/22/14




I got my butt whooped good at this Boot Camp Class. We started with some high intensity cardio drills then partnered up for circuit training. This is a dynamic cardio/strength training class and a great workout!!


Friday 5/23/14


I met up with Cathy and Diane for a swim at Quarry Lakes this morning. I did some swimming earlier this week and I really thought the open water swim jitters would go away...they didn't, at least not right away. 

The funny thing is that now I don't worry about dying in the open water my mind has fixated on something else: the animal life in the lake. Writing this makes me laugh now but this morning I had little mini panic attacks when I saw fish and algae "coming to get me" LOL.

I am learning that you really have to get used to putting your face in that cold, murky water, and once you do that, you need to stop freaking out at every little thing you see "coming to get you" (your own spit floating towards you, algae getting threateningly close, and that aggressive-looking-catfish).

Side-note:  I didn't have time for coffee or tea this morning so I had a preworkout. BAD IDEA. No wonder I was trippin' LOL. Never again ;-)

Despite the mind games, I enjoyed Cathy and Diane's company and swam farther and longer than last week. I even practiced bi-lateral breathing and was super proud of myself until I realized 
I was going in circles! LOL! More practice!!


Woohoo for meeting my workout goals!

Happy weekend everyone!!





No comments:

Post a Comment